Thai PM lauds Islamic culture
Manama, May 15, 2012
Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra yesterday visited Ahmed Al Fateh Islamic Centre in Bahrain where she was received by Minister of Justice, Islamic Affairs and Endowments Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al Khalifa.
She was accompanied by Head of the Mission of Honour and Deputy Premier Shaikh Ali bin Khalifa Al Khalifa.
The visiting leader was briefed about the centre's main facilities, architectural design and cultural activities to promote awareness of Islam and its noble values.
She lauded the edifice's major role in projecting the Islamic religion and culture, wishing its staff every success in broadening the sphere of the centre's activities and maximizing its social role.
The Thai Premier also visited Isa Cultural Centre and was briefed about its facilities and the wide range of scientific resources it has to cater for students and researchers' needs.
She praised the centre's varied and advanced services to protect national cultural and intellectual heritage.
Thai Prime Minister later visited Bahrain National Museum in the company of Shaikh Ali and Culture Minister Shaikha Mai bint Mohammed Al Khalifa and toured its halls where she was briefed about the historical artifacts which keep record of the kingdom's history since the old ages.
She praised the historical and archaeological items displayed at the museum which stand witness of Bahrain's glorious history.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal