Hyundai sets up football ‘fan parks'
Dubai, July 1, 2012
S Korean automaker Hyundai recently teamed up with the Atlantis Hotel in Dubai to allow thousands of fans to watch the action in front of a massive ten-by-six metre screen.
The event also featured football-related activities hosted within the ‘Hyundai tent’.
In Jordan, the Bel Mondo Café, an upscale venue, was turned into a special ‘fan zone’, with numerous screens broadcasting the games.
Hyundai distributors across the region also ran UEFA EURO 2012 competitions with a range of great prizes.
In Kuwait, Bahrain, Jordan, Syria, UAE and Saudi Arabia, customers could win amazing, all expenses paid trips to watch the matches in person, while a Hyundai Veloster was one of the prizes in the UAE.
CEO of Hyundai Middle East Tom Lee said: “The Hyundai Fan Parks have once again proved to be extremely successful. We’re thrilled to have brought together millions of fans to enjoy the dynamism and passion of this sporting extravaganza in a truly unique environment.”
“We are equally pleased to be able to bring some of the excitement from the UEFA EURO 2012 tournament to the millions of football fans in the Middle East.”
In Berlin, some 450,000 fans came out to support the national team in their last group stage match against Denmark. Fans in Germany and other major European cities, including Madrid, Moscow, Paris and Turin, have flooded the Hyundai Fan Parks to take in the action from Poland and Ukraine on 60 sq m LED screens. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event
- Saudi, Emirati journalists quit Qatar jobs
- LuLu chief in top global Indian list
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal