Bahrain MP in talks to buy newspaper
Manama, July 3, 2012
A Bahraini member of the parliament has entered negotiations to buy licence for the Arabic newspaper Al Waqt, which was forced to close two years ago due to financial problems.
The publication joined the market in 2006, but prior to its closure, staff went on strike because they had not been paid their salaries for more than two months.
Osama Al Tamimi yesterday (July 2) confirmed he was trying to negotiate with the company that owns the newspaper.
"We are in the process of negotiating with the company. And if things go smoothly and we get the agreement, then we will head to the Information Affairs Authority for permission," he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Bahrain may stage 2014 F1 season opener
- Book on Bahrain PM’s achievements launched
- BenQ unveils new digital signage range
- UAE cinema launches first Dolby Atmos theatre
- Bahrain Wahooo! in new Guinness record bid
- Bahrain extends deadline for eContent award
- Saudi to block WhatsApp ‘within weeks’
- Abu Dhabi, Dubai to share UAE Pro League broadcast
- ME firms set for Asia's biggest infocomm show
- Emirates set for FIFA Confederations Cup