Summit highlights event management issues
Manama, September 26, 2012
Around 180 professionals from the Middle East, Europe, Australasia and the US participated in a regional networking conference focused on the event management industry.
The conference was held simultaneously in Dubai and Bahrain and speakers were streamed online worldwide.
Leading industry speakers from around the world helped stimulate discussions on topics such as the sustainability and the process of hybrid events as well as the use of social media and smartphone technology in the industry.
The event generated a significant response and participation through social media channels such as micro blogging site Twitter.
"The calibre of international speakers we were able to bring to the GCC and the creation of the first hybrid event in Bahrain allows us to significantly contribute to the event industry as a whole," said organising committee member Megan MacLeod.-TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Iran director's 'secret film' wins praise at Cannes
- Mubadala unit backs philanthropy group
- Manama named 'Capital of Arab Media'
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013