50 to compete in Yas Drag Racing series
Dubai, December 18, 2012
More than 50 drivers from across the UAE and Middle East are set to go head-to-head on December 21, in the opening round of the Yas Pro Drag Racing Series at Yas Marina Circuit.
Competing in four rounds, drivers in the series will battle it out for top drag honours and their share of a prize pool that exceeds Dh1 million ($0.27 million).
“The Yas Pro Drag Racing Series has solidified its reputation as one of the most prominent and highly anticipated drag racing events in the Middle East,” said Yousif Al Sayegh, manager of Yas Drag Racing Centre. “The drag racing community in the UAE continues to grow, and the quality of the competition is outstanding.”
This series will consist of six entry categories including the Pro 6, Pro Modified, 4.8 Index, Pro Bike, Super Street Bike, and Super Street 8. The drag racers will compete on a distance of 200 meters.
“Both fans and drivers can expect some fierce competition in this opening round. Many participants in the series will be competing in new cars and we’re expecting many records to be broken. All in all, it’s set to be an exciting weekend,” Al Sayegh added.
“Last season’s final round of Yas Marina Circuit’s Pro Drag Racing Series came to thrilling conclusion with Emirati drag racer, Sultan Al Zaabi taking top honours in the Pro Mod category.”
Round one of the series will run at the Yas Drag Strip, the first NHRA approved drag strip in the Middle East. Entry for spectators is Dh50. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Expert discusses role of PR in Arab world
- Twitter chief to kick off Digital Media Forum
- Saxo Bank launches TV channel
- Nawras launches data roaming solution
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1bn deal
- Promoaction DDB wins Zain Saudi account
- Bahrain launches eContent award for 2013
- Hackers target radio station portal in Bahrain
- City Seasons backs European MICE event
- Saudi woman creates history by climbing Everest