Bidaya to create media content for kids
Abu Dhabi/New York, July 10, 2013
A new company has been created to complement educational efforts in literacy, basic mathematical skills and language abilities for young children.
Bidaya (Arabic for ‘beginning’) has been established at twofour54, the commercial arm of the Media Zone Authority-Abu Dhabi, to create educational media content in Arabic, with the debut of new content in the next few weeks, with sponsorship from Mubadala Development Company.
The company’s inaugural project will be the Iftah Ya Simsim Educational Initiative, an Arabic-language adaptation of Sesame Street, utilising a proven model formulated by Sesame Workshop, the non-profit educational organisation whose global mission is to help all children reach their highest potential, said a statement.
Bidaya will seek out the best local talent for the project and it also plans to produce a variety of media content with the objective of achieving measurable educational gains for children in early school years, it said.
“Our strategy is to establish relationships with public and private institutions from across the region that have a passion for children and understand the importance of education,” said Robert Kneževic, vice president of Sesame Street International.
“This initiative represents the best practices, methodologies and global experience to create local content that is unique to Sesame Street – appealing, practical, developmentally appropriate, and relevant to parents as well as children.”
Iftah Ya Simsim will be supported by an Educational Advisory Council (EAC), comprising education experts and media professionals. The council will work in coordination with the Arab Bureau of Education for the Gulf States (ABEGS), which has developed educational focus areas for the new Iftah Ya Simsim and related content, said the statement.
Various organisations from across the region have already pledged support and cooperation with the initiative including the GCC Joint Program Production Institution, it said.
The original Iftah Ya Simsim first aired in the Mena region between 1979 and 1990. - TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends
- Etisalat offers live streaming TV apps
- Month-long British Festival in Qatar opens
- 20 students take part in Leo Burnett event