Alba backs drug awareness campaign
Manama, August 28, 2013
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest aluminium smelters in the world, donated BD6,000 ($15,960) in sponsorship support for the drugs awareness campaign launched by the kingdom’s Southern Governorate.
The campaign included many activities that highlighted the dangers of drug abuse, preventive measures that can be taken to combat addiction and steps that need to be adopted for complete and total rehabilitation.
The Deputy Governor of the Southern Governorate, Faisal bin Rashid Al Noaimi and manager of Engineering Projects and director of Engineering Projects and Investment Directorate, Ali Al Ansari met Alba’s acting administration director, Abdul Rahman Janahi who presented the cheque on behalf of the company.
“Drug abuse is one of the deadliest menaces facing many countries in the world today. Many victims who are in the grip of this addiction have lost their potential and are in perpetual danger of losing their lives,” Al Ansari said.
“As a company that remains dedicated to its social commitment, we are proud to support this drug awareness campaign launched by the Southern Governorate and are confident that it will play a key role in highlighting the dangers of drugs to both young and old alike.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- Majid Al Futtaim plans cinema expansion
- Dubai Culture launches Instagram contest
- Dubai arts consultancy wins major hotel deal
- Du campaign sweeps Dubai Lynx Awards
- Arab heroes shine at Abu Dhabi Triathlon
- Memac Ogilvy wins big at Dubai Lynx Awards
- Bahrain set to host first bridal and fashion expo
- NAS CEO El Houry chosen Young Global Leader
- Branson to address top UAE executives at du forum
- Rare Qatari artefacts on display in Doha
- Arpu's T-Pay gateway draws top game vendors
- SES signs capacity deal with Libyan group
- Primedia appoints new general manager in UAE
- National Geographic announces Cosmos launch
- Red Stallion Interactive sets up Bahrain, Qatar offices
- New MD for Media Group International
- Al Aan TV picks Harris for HD service
- Ogilvy & Mather takes majority stake in Memac Ogilvy
- UAE to host first stage of IPL cricket
- Etisalat, Tata launch video connect service
- LIVE exhibits HD technologies at Cabsat
- Twitter crashes again, software glitch blamed
- Talia seals new partnership with Thuraya
- Art now 'a viable asset class for ME investors'
- 150 creative activities mark 1st Dubai Art Season
- KFC, MBC promotion offers visit to WWE event
- 155m-year-old dinosaur finds home in Dubai Mall
- Most firms take up more CSR projects
- Saudi salon plans expansion across Gulf
- Microsoft identifies new digital trends