Al Khaliji Bank main office
Al Khaliji backs Doha youth film festival
Doha, November 27, 2013
Al Khaliji Commercial Bank has partnered with the Doha Film Institute’s (DFI) inaugural Ajyal Youth Film Festival as part of its ongoing commitment to support the cultural initiatives and Qatari youth.
Running from November 26 to 30, the Ajyal Youth Film Festival builds on the Doha Film Institute’s history of community-based programming.
Ajyal invites industry leaders and aspiring talented youth to come together and discuss cinema through events that inspire creative interaction, providing an interactive, collaborative forum where talented youth can express themselves.
“We are pleased to support the Ajyal Youth Film Festival,” said Mohd Al Atassi, group head of Corporate Affairs.
“Ajyal 2013 will highlight some of the best home grown films, and will raise awareness for talented Qataris working in the film industry. By partnering with the ‘Ajyal Youth Film Festival’ we support local filmmakers in a platform to introduce their work to the world and stand behind the local talent trying to make a name for Qatar in this highly competitive industry.”
Doha Film Institute is an independent, not-for-profit cultural organisation established in 2010. Its platforms include funding and production of local, regional and international films, educational programmes, film screenings, the Ajyal Youth Film Festival and the Qumra Doha Film Festival. – TradeArabia News Service
More Media & Promotion Stories
- New 'Best Things' website launched
- OSN wins Emirati cricket sponsorhip deal
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces GCC ban
- Dubai group launches 'Filmi 72' contest
- Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- Women 'driving social media industry success'
- 5-km long bridal veil makes world record
- Christie’s to auction Egyptian, Iraqi art collections
- Qatar researcher in 360km breast cancer run
- Wedding service providers eye $1.2bn market
- Kuwait DAI to start training programme
- Kanoo Group backs cancer charity event
- Reel Cinemas to open at ‘The Beach’
- Axiom launches #MyDubai photo contest
- Grammy winners to perform in Bahrain
- Craig David to perform for F1 Bahrain
- MGI to feature latest on-air graphics at Cabsat
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- OSN to launch Discovery's TLC in Mena
- Art festival treat for Bahrain fans
- '12 Years a Slave' makes Oscar history
- Culinary Arts Dubai opens new premises
- iKoo launches digital media JV firm
- Team promotes Canton Fair in UAE
- RAK charity run sees record participation
- Tussauds owner plans Dubai theme park
- Batelco provides 4G services at F1 testing
- OSN unveils current affairs themed reality show
- Book marks UAE-based Indian business leaders
- YouTube ordered to remove anti-Islamic film