Dates Festival held
Dubai , July 30, 2007
The third annual Dates Festival recently concluded successfully in the UAE with the support of Etisalat.
The festival sought to find the most succulent dates grown by UAE farmers. Shaikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and Shaikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, were guests of honour at the festival.
'We would like to thank Etisalat for sponsoring the Dates Festival which comes as an extension of their continuous support of the community,' said chairman of the Organising Committee Rakan Al Qubaisi.
The aims of the festival are to promote the UAE agricultural industry through promoting the use of international best practice in farming whilst at the same time, educating farmers on environmentally friendly methods of maintaining their crops.
Etisalat's other initiatives promoting the success of the UAE include its support of the National Mobile Phone Recycling Campaign which aims to remove dangerous substances from the UAE environment.
It is also sponsoring various aspects of the forthcoming law related to people with Special Needs. Etisalat has also formed the Etisalat University College to help build a talent pool of qualified engineers to continue the ongoing growth of the UAE.- Trade Arabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head