Al Ain Classics presents musical extravaganza
Al Ain, March 14, 2009
Al Ain Classics recently presented a fine evening of Arabic music at Al Jahili Fort featuring the maestro Selim Sahab Orchestra along with popular singer Amal Maher.
The event was held on Thursday (March 12) under the patronage of Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage.
Maestro Selim Sahab is the artistic director at the Cairo Opera and the founder of several musical ensembles across the Middle East. He is known for his award winning performances, most notably the Gold Medal at the Babel International Music Festival.
Amal Maher, who thrilled a sell-out audience with a number of classical traditional Arabic songs, is a young Egyptian singer who is renowned for her talent and ability to revive Oum Kolthoum’s songs. Her talent was recognised at a young age by musician and composer Ammar El Sherayi.
Al Ain Classics, which continues until March 20, also presented a performance by the Vienna Philharmonic, conducted by the renowned Zubin Mehta.
All performances start at 8 pm. Tickets for the Al Ain Classics are available at timeouttickets.com, toll-free at 800 4669, Virgin Megastores, House of Arts Al Ain, Al Ain Rotana Hotel and at the evening box office. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon