Beauty and spa expos set for opening
Dubai, June 6, 2009
Dubai is set to make yet another move towards becoming one of the world's top beauty and spa destinations with the opening of two exhibitions on Sunday.
Beautyworld Middle East 2009 is the largest international trade fair for cosmetics, perfumery and beauty products. Wellness and Spas Middle East is the most successful show in the region for the latest spa centers and resorts worldwide.
The twin exhibitions will be showcasing the latest trends and innovations in the industries through June 7 to 9 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.
“Dubai is set to become one of the world's top spa destinations,” said Elisabeth Brehl, managing director of Epoc Messe Frankfurt, organisers of the two shows.
“Regional spending on healthcare has reached $74 billion in Dubai alone. The world's first health care free zone was built in the Middle East with the Dubai Healthcare City. Wellness and nutrition centers, as well as spas and health farms will be part of the well-ness cluster - representing one half of the Healthcare City's services,” she added.
“The Middle East remains attractive to international companies dealing in cosmetic and toiletries market, as it is one of the largest and most profitable in the world. Growing at a rate of 12 per cent annually, beauty sales are expected to in-crease by more than Dh11 billion ($3 billion) by 2010.”
Beautyworld Middle East Fair is recognised as the most important international event of its sector within the Middle Eastern region and is welcomed with a great interest in international arena.
During this event, the Turkish Pavilion covering an area of 1000 sq mt, will show-case a wide range of products with a high-level quality trend expanding from perfumery to coloured cosmetics and from personal care products to cleaning products.
Featuring in Beautyworld Middle East is the much awaited ‘Walk of Beauty’, a gathering of the most talented professional hairdressers and make-up artists from all over the world performing live on stage.
The show is organised and directed by Madi International, exclusive distributor of Kadus in the GCC and Lebanon. ‘Walk of Beauty’ will be inaugurated by Joelle Mardinian, a talented Make-Up Artist and Stylist, and the owner of Maison de Joelle - a popular beauty salon.
The first annual “Orchid Beauty Awards” will be presented by Elements Beauty Consultancy in association with and hosted by Beauty-world Middle East.
At Wellness and Spas Middle East, top regional and international companies specializing in wellness and spa products and services will be exhibiting.
The range of products and services on display this year will include wellness beds, cosmetics and treatments, spa products, cosmetic lines and professional cardio machines, among others.
According to research, annual turnover of the spa industry in the Middle East was Dh2.5 billion ($680 million) in 2008, and spa treatments booked in Dubai increased by 7 per cent from January to March 2009. Wellness and anti-ageing are a trillion dollar business globally.
Raja Al Gurg, president of the Dubai and UAE Businesswomen's council, president of the Federation of the UAE Chambers of Commerce and Industry, will inaugurate the twin exhibitions. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station