Adnec expands into events ticketing
Abu Dhabi, March 30, 2010
Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Company (Adnec) announced that it will sell tickets for public events through a state-of-the-art ticketing operation accessible to over 35,000 travel agents.
“Adnec's objective is to create a compelling and varied year-round, programme of entertainment events that will attract audiences of all ages and cultural backgrounds, both from within and from outside the GCC region,” said Simon Horgan, Adnec Group CEO.
The Adnec ticketing operation will use some of the most advanced ticket selling software ever developed. The system is capable of selling up to 100,000 tickets per hour and can be accessed by 35,800 travel agents and tour operators in the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
These travel agents will be able to package tickets for events in Abu Dhabi at the point of sale, to in-bound travellers, thus providing significant benefits to Abu Dhabi’s tourism industry.
Construction work is well underway on a ticket retail outlet at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre. Also, a website for online ticketing will be launched shortly, said Horgan.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’