Bahrain’s king names new council president
Manama, September 7, 2010
His Majesty King Hamad has appointed Shaikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa new president of Bahrain’s Supreme Council for Youth and Sports.
Shaikh Nasser, the former council first vice-president and present Bahrain Olympic Committee president, expressed appreciation to His Majesty for his faith in his abilities to take over the reigns of the council and continue youth and sports movement in the kingdom.
Shaikh Nasser said the precious trust of His Majesty will make him strive for every effort to improve the movement of the council, founded by the His Majesty.
He highlighted the significant support of the kingdom’s leadership to youth and sports sectors in the past years, which contributed to the many achievements of different disciplines.
“The movement of sports and youth in the Kingdom, witnessed during His Royal Highness Prince Salman, had achieved tremendous success, thanks to his sharp vision,” said Shaikh Nasser.
“Prince Salman looks to the future with great interest in further developing the ambitious strategies involving the sports and youth sectors,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan