Masafi collects 9.14MT waste in clean-up drive
Dubai, January 13, 2011
Masafi, one of the leading FMCG brands in the region, collected over 9.14 metric tonnes of waste within three hours, in a clean-up campaign at Masafi Village in Ras Al Khaimah.
243 Masafi employees took part in the clean-up campaign, which was organised for the third consecutive year.
The clean-up campaign, held every quarter in Masafi, is part of the company’s efforts to reinforce the importance of safeguarding the environmental among the residents of Masafi Village, encouraging them to recycle, reuse and reduce waste.
“As a company, we are committed to the cause of a sustainable tomorrow and our efforts are aimed at changing attitudes and behaviour for a cleaner environment,” stated Natascha Edelmann, head of Marketing at Masafi.
During the Clean-Up Drive, the Masafi employees were divided into different teams who cleaned the entire stretch of road from Masafi Police Station (Fujairah) to the New Police Station (RAK). The collected waste was later handed over to RAK Municipality.
The company has adopted a Carbon Action Plan to reduce its carbon emissions and move towards a carbon negative environment.
Masafi also operates a unique and very successful corporate recycling service – an initiative aimed at reducing the environmental impact of plastic bottles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers