Zayed Future Energy Prize money increased
Abu Dhabi, May 23, 2011
Zayed Future Energy Prize, the leading award for innovation in renewable and sustainable energy, has announced new categories for the 2012 competition and an increased prize purse of $4 million.
Competition guidelines and registration can be found at www.ZayedFutureEnergyPrize.com.
“The Zayed Future Energy Prize is the largest energy prize of its kind to reward ground-breaking solutions to the impending threats of climate change and energy security,” said Dr Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, director general of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
“By honouring global innovators who are solving our greatest energy challenges, we aspire to educate and inspire future leaders and innovators, while ensuring clean, sustainable energy for future generations.”
Changes in the 2012 competition include:
- increasing the total prize fund from $2.2 million to $4 million
- adding three new awards in the SME/NGO category
- initiating a new recognition prize for large corporations
- developing a new international education competition for high schools, reflecting a major focus on education
Nominations for the 2012 Prize will be accepted through August 22 and submissions through September 19. Winners will be announced January 17, 2012, in an award ceremony in Abu Dhabi.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm