Zain honours e-Waste Recycling winners
Manama, July 2, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain recently honoured the winners of its innovative green initiative "Zain National Mobile Phone and e-Waste Recycling Campaign" for the month of June.
The recycling campaign was launched by Zain Bahrain in March offering the public a chance to win prizes for their green action of disposing their old and unusable mobile phone safely.
More than 700 phones were collected so far in this campaign, said a company statement.
Zain has set up dedicated special drop boxes in its Experience shops across the Kingdom for the public to drop off their unusable mobile handsets. There is a raffle prize for one lucky winner each week.
Four lucky winners - Hani Mohammed Jawad, Waleed Ali Rabeea, Sayed Aqeel Salman and Tayseer Mohammed Sawaftah- went home with new BlackBerry handsets in June.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires