Zain honours e-Waste Recycling winners
Manama, July 2, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain recently honoured the winners of its innovative green initiative "Zain National Mobile Phone and e-Waste Recycling Campaign" for the month of June.
The recycling campaign was launched by Zain Bahrain in March offering the public a chance to win prizes for their green action of disposing their old and unusable mobile phone safely.
More than 700 phones were collected so far in this campaign, said a company statement.
Zain has set up dedicated special drop boxes in its Experience shops across the Kingdom for the public to drop off their unusable mobile handsets. There is a raffle prize for one lucky winner each week.
Four lucky winners - Hani Mohammed Jawad, Waleed Ali Rabeea, Sayed Aqeel Salman and Tayseer Mohammed Sawaftah- went home with new BlackBerry handsets in June.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course
- Saudi arrested in US after 'false' statement