78 killed in Moroccan military plane crash
Rabat, July 26, 2011
At least 78 people were killed and three severely wounded when a Moroccan military transport aircraft crashed on Tuesday in the south of the country, the army said.
It did not say how many passengers were on board the C-130 Hercules aircraft.
The official MAP news agency said the accident took place in a mountainous area near Guelmim, just north of the disputed Western Sahara territory.
Morocco's most recent plane crash was in 1994 when all 44 passengers and crew members aboard a Royal Air Maroc aircraft died in a crash near the southwestern city of Agadir. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy