78 killed in Moroccan military plane crash
Rabat, July 26, 2011
At least 78 people were killed and three severely wounded when a Moroccan military transport aircraft crashed on Tuesday in the south of the country, the army said.
It did not say how many passengers were on board the C-130 Hercules aircraft.
The official MAP news agency said the accident took place in a mountainous area near Guelmim, just north of the disputed Western Sahara territory.
Morocco's most recent plane crash was in 1994 when all 44 passengers and crew members aboard a Royal Air Maroc aircraft died in a crash near the southwestern city of Agadir. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals