TNT Express donates shoes
Sri Lanka, September 29, 2011
In line with its corporate social responsibility, TNT Express in Sri Lanka has donated shoes to school children at Makehelwela Vidyalaya in Mawanella, the Central Province of Sri Lanka.
The donation was an initiative made by the TNT Express’ employees who contributed 136 pairs of children’s shoes as a dedication to give back to the local community and as a reflection of the company’s principles to support the Sri Lankan youth, the company said in a statement.
TNT Express, one of the leading global express delivery companies, is represented by Ace International Express in Sri Lanka, the express delivery arm of Aitken Spence Cargo.
Jerome Brohier, country manager for TNT Express, Sri Lanka said: “Companies and individuals should acknowledge the challenges faced by the young generation nowadays. We, at TNT Express in Sri Lanka, recognise them and try our level best to support the children to overcome these obstacles.”
Brohier also highlighted the partnership between TNT Express and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in their joint effort to fight hunger. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires