Top Arab films lined up for DIFF event
Dubai, December 4, 2011
A number of heart-warming stories of ordinary people in the Arab world are on showcase in the Arabian Nights programme of the eighth Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF).
The Arabian Nights line-up at DIFF 2011, consisting of 20 films, includes one world premiere, two international premieres, and seven Middle East premieres, which will be screened from December 8 to 14, a day after the festival’s official opening on December 7.
Antonia Carver, Programmer for Arabian Nights, said: "Our Arabian Nights programme is a window into the Arab world by filmmakers based in the region and from across the world.”
“The growing number of global collaborations is a testament to the interest internationally in the Arabic film industry. We are delighted to showcase such an eclectic collection of films that capture the varied facets of life in the region.”
Making its world premiere is Ala' Abu Ghoush’s Goldfish and Marcus Vetter’s German film, Cinema Jenin – The Story of a Dream.
Richard Symons’ The Price of Kings – Yasser Arafat, documents the legacy of Yasser Arafat, while The Brown Line from France and Dave Osbourne’s The 99 Unbound are making their international premiere at DIFF 2011.
From Canada and making its Middle East Premiere at DIFF 2011 is Romeo Eleven (Roméo Onze), directed by Ivan Grbovic.
DIFF 2011 will screen 171 films from 56 nations representing the best of national, regional and world cinema between December 7 and 14 at the Mall of the Emirates, Madinat Jumeirah and The Walk at JBR. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head