Saudi Almarai Q1 net profit rises 2.9pc
Riyadh, April 7, 2012
Saudi dairy and food maker Almarai Trading Company said on Saturday its first-quarter net profit rose 2.9 per cent to SR242.1 million ($64.6 million) from SR235.2 million a year ago, as wider regional distribution boosted sales.
The sales rose by 17 per cent on the year to SR2 billion, it said.
'In particular, this was driven by bakery growth in the Gulf countries and poultry expansion in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia,' said Almarai in a statement posted on the Saudi bourse's website.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires