UAE baristas prepare for coffee contest
Dubai, June 25, 2013
Baristas in the Emirates have already begun preparations for the UAE Barista and Latte Art Championships as part of a coffee and tea festival, to be held in October in Dubai.
The “International Coffee & Tea Festival 2013”, the only dedicated trade event for the specialty coffee and tea industry in the region will run from October 8 to 11, at the Meydan Grandstand and Convention Centre, said a statement from International Conferences and Exhibitions, the organisers of the event.
Recognised and advocated by the Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA) and licensed by World Coffee Events (WCE), the championship calls attention to excellence in the preparation of coffee and pairing science with the art of serving great coffee, it said.
The championships will be judged by World Barista Championship (WBC) certified guest judges from around the world, who will look into aspects such as the taste, cleanliness, technical skill and overall presentation of the beverages prepared and served by contestants within their 15-minute performance time, it added.
Ryan Godinho, national coordinator for World Coffee Events, said: “The UAE Barista and Latte Art Championships are a key component of the International Coffee & Tea Festival which creates an ideal platform for the country’s top baristas to demonstrate their skills and showcase their creativity, knowledge, presentation, showmanship and dedication to their evolving specialist career, especially through their signature beverages.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires