Ikea launches loyalty programme in UAE
Dubai, January 22, 2014
Ikea, a global furnishing retailer and a member of the Al Futtaim group of companies, has launched its Ikea Family customer loyalty programme in the UAE.
It is accompanied by the launch of the Ikea Family range – offering around 100 exciting new products in the areas of travel, safety and relaxation, a statement said.
The completely free loyalty card is available for everyone at special self-serve kiosks within the Ikea stores at Dubai Festival City, Dubai and Yas Island, Abu Dhabi. The Ikea Family programme entitles card holders to special offers on the Ikea Family range all through the year.
Customers can also avail special offers at Ikea restaurant & Swedish Food Market as well as a free cup of tea or coffee from Sunday through Thursday, excluding public holidays.
In addition, Ikea will continuously offer special extended services to Family members such as 60 days refund and exchange policy instead of the regular 30 days. A Family card member’s children will also be able to enjoy an extended 90 minutes playtime at Småland children’s area instead of the usual 60 minutes.
John Kersten, managing director, Ikea-UAE, Qatar, Egypt and Oman said, “The Ikea Family programme is unique and different from many existing loyalty programmes currently in the market. It is not based on a system that collects points to reward shoppers only once they have invested. It is a continuous process of giving back to our shoppers. This is the Ikea way of showing our customers that they are a part of our Family.”
The user friendly kiosks to sign up for the Ikea Family programme are located at the dedicated Ikea Family department and checkout area. Once the initial registration is completed, the card will be issued immediately so members can start enjoying the programme benefits instantly, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages