Cadillac unveils 2010 SRX Crossover
Dubai, January 6, 2009
Cadillac has unveiled the next-generation 2010 SRX Crossover featuring a completely new design and more-efficient, high-technology engine choices.
The new SRX is a mid-size luxury crossover coming to the North American International Auto Show next week.
“The all-new SRX is a fresh and compelling crossover aimed squarely at the priorities of luxury buyers,” said North America vice-president, Cadillac/Premium Channel, Mark McNabb.
“With new technologies for increased efficiency and safety, the redesigned 2010 SRX Crossover focuses on both the emotional and pragmatic sides of the luxury consumer.”
The 2010 SRX is designed for efficient performance, including the choice of two high-tech six-cylinder engines that are new to Cadillac – the smallest-displacement engines it offers in North America.
A new, 3.0L direct injected V-6 engine is standard and a new, 2.8L turbocharged V-6 is optional. Both engines employ technology that helps produce strong performance that is typical of larger-displacement engines.
Direct injection enables a 25-percent reduction in hydrocarbon emissions. Fuel efficiency around 9.4 L / 100km on the highway is expected, but testing isn’t complete.
Performance and safety are enhanced by an available all-wheel-drive (AWD) system that is designed to optimise vehicle handling and stability in all driving conditions. The AWD system includes an advanced electronic limited-slip differential (eLSD) that distributes torque as needed from side to side along the rear axle, as well as from the front to rear axle.
The pre-emptive, active-on-demand system provides an extra measure of capability in wet or icy conditions.
The 2010 SRX rides on a wide track that was designed to deliver a nimble, responsive driving experience. It seats five, with generous occupant and cargo room, and can tow up to 1,587 kgs.
“Cadillac is known for bold design. The 2010 SRX Crossover builds on that reputation,” said Cadillac global design director Clay Dean.
“As with the 2008 CTS, we advanced our Art and Science design to create a crossover for style-conscious customers. The exterior features a dramatic diving gesture on the body side to impart the feeling of movement, even at rest.”
A multi-piece shield grille and Cadillac’s iconic vertical headlamps – with light pipe technology and available adaptive forward lighting – are the face of the SRX. They blend into a tightly wrapped, sweeping body that tapers downward at the rear, giving the vehicle a sporty profile, added Dean.
The SRX features a wide stance, minimal overhang and wheels pushed to corners. Eighteen-inch wheels are standard and 20-inch wheels are offered. A bold accent line dives across the body side and culminates at a chrome front fender vent that incorporates a side marker lamp. An integrated spoiler on the rearward edge of the roof extends the sleek lines and improves aerodynamics.
An integrated center stack houses controls for climate and audio systems, while the navigation system rises from the center of the instrument panel. A signature example of the SRX’s attention to detail is the Cadillac script logos in the front door sill plates that illuminate when the doors are opened.
“The 2010 SRX will deliver excellent, balanced driving dynamics in all types of weather,” said global vehicle chief engineer Bob Reuter.
“The all-wheel-drive system with electronic limited slip effectively transfers torque not only from front to rear, but also along the rear axle. This system sets a new benchmark for all all-wheel-drive systems, giving the driver control and confidence on any road surface.”
Additional safety features include standard head curtain side air bags, standard front seat-mounted pelvic/thorax side air bags, front safety belts with dual pretensioners and load limiters,<
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer