Suzuki launches Alto Lapin in Japan
Tokyo, January 6, 2009
Suzuki Motor Corporation has launched the new Alto Lapin, a minivehicle that combines a distinctive retro design with outstanding fuel economy, in Japan.
The Alto Lapin is based on a concept of creating a minivehicle that engenders the same kind of emotional attachment as a favourite fashion accessory or ornament, said an official spokesman.
Since its appearance in its original form in January 2002, it has been especially popular with young women.
In developing the new Alto Lapin, Suzuki remained faithful to the attributes that have made the original Alto Lapin so popular, while at the same time, worked in line with a “good design plus good driving” theme to combine distinctive looks and excellent fuel economy (24.5km/litre with 2WD and CVT) with a relaxing cabin and a comfortable ride.
Suzuki targets domestic monthly sales of more than 4,000 units for the Lapin, which is available only in Japan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
- Al Majid opens 2 KIA showrooms
- Nissan reveals Le Mans 24 Hours line-up
- BMW Group posts record April sales
- Bahrain BMW dealer launches promotion
- Juma Al Majid opens new showroom
- Al-Futtaim unveils new Honda offers