Tiida tops sales in UAE, Qatar
Dubai, February 1, 2009
Nissan Tiida has managed to top the sales charts as the best selling car in the UAE markets as well as being the best selling compact vehicle in the Qatari market during November 2008.
“The Tiida offers an appealing blend of space, technology and value for money and as the credit squeeze takes hold we believe that the Tiida’s appeal as an economical compact car makes it the perfect choice in the current economic climate,” said passenger vehicle brand manager at Nissan Middle East Hirotaka Mima.
Almost simultaneously across the globe the sixth and final round of China Circuit Championship (CCC) was won by a race-spec version giving the Tiida its second overall CCC win.
The final round was held at the Shanghai Tienma Circuit (1lap/2.063km). The Tiida, racing in the 1600cc class, saw the No. 3 machine of Guo Haisheng finish fourth, the result guaranteeing him his second driver's championship title since 2006.
In addition, teammate Lin Lifeng in the #4 car finished 3rd, netting the DongFeng NISSAN Ghia team the Teams' title trophy.
Official qualifying took place on the day prior to the race, the session getting underway after sunset due to a delay in the schedule. All cars used their headlights in the poor visibility, with the No. 4 machine of Lin managing to set the second quickest time, while teammate and points' leader Guo lined up sixth on the grid.
After first winning in 2006, this is the second time the Nissan Tiida has taken the CCC Championship.
Other awards for the Nissan Tiida include the China “Car of the Year 2006” by SINA Corporation, a leading Asian online media company and information service provider based in China and “Inter-American Car of the Year 2007” by FIPA, Inter-American Federation of Auto Journalists, which consists of journalists from 19 countries.
The Nissan Tiida has also received several safety recognitions, which include the highest six star rating for its crash-impact safety by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transportation and Tourism of Japan in 2004, highest ratings for front, side and rear impact by the US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety in 2008, and the Safest Car Award by Premiado Auto Mas Seguro Magazine in Argentina in 2007.
Currently, the Tiida is sold in 165 countries worldwide. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi