Qatar gets 10pc voting stake in Porsche
Frankfurt, September 2, 2009
Qatar has taken a 10 per cent voting stake in Porsche Automobil Holding SE as agreed, the German automotive group said on Wednesday.
It gave no financial terms for the sale, which was announced last month and gives outsiders a say at the family-owned company for the first time.
Qatar will hold the stake via a series of investment arms.
The deal is part of a broader accord that will see Porsche eventually merge with Volkswagen, Europe's biggest carmaker.
Porsche owns just over half of VW, but its attempt to seize full control backfired as its debt mounted just as car markets collapsed. – Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Renault rolls out new 'Twin’Run'
- All-new E63 AMG launched in Kuwait
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- VW lists recommended retail prices in GCC
- Nissan to recall 841,000 vehicles
- Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
- Nissan ME posts 26pc sales growth in FY2012
- Oman 'must adopt smart road technologies'
- BMW launches the new Z4 in Mideast
- Mannai opens Chevrolet centre in Istanbul