Sharjah Chamber launches 'Auto Parts Week'
Dubai, June 8, 2010
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) has launched 'Auto Parts Week', to enhance and improve Sharjah’s auto spare parts industry.
The event, which is the second installment of the chamber’s 'Shopping Weeks' initiative, will run from June 1 to 21, and showcase products and services of several SCCI associate members from the auto parts and accessories trade and distribution sector.
The promotional campaign will also feature a series of workshops, lectures and presentations aimed at promoting road safety and the use of genuine auto parts and will culminate with the raffling off of a brand new Toyota luxury vehicle.
The campaign is currently being participated in by main auto service centres, spare parts and accessories retail outlets and tyre shops in Sharjah’s industrial area and nearby cities like Al Dhaid, Khor Fakkan, Kalba and Dibba Al Hosn. Main activities of the event will be held on the First Industrial Street, also known as BMW Road.
“Our 'Shopping Weeks' initiative also reflects our efforts to promote the adoption of more benchmark trade practices and international standards that can help in the emirate’s development as an ideal investment destination and allows us to move one step closer towards achieving total sustainable development,” stated Hussein Mohammed Al Mahmoudi, director general, SCCI.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker