New BMW X3 to debut at Paris Motor show
Dubai, September 22, 2010
The all-new BMW X3 will make its global debut at this year’s Mondial de l’Automobile Paris (Paris Motor Show), seven years after the premium automotive manufacturer launched its original X3 Sports Activity Vehicle.
The second generation X3 model has a totally redesigned exterior and interior making it instantly recognisable as a member of the BMW X family that includes the popular BMW X6, X5 and recently launched X1 models.
With a bigger and sportier exterior, increased interior space, optimised functionality and enhanced driving comfort, the new BMW X3 establishes benchmarks in agility and fuel efficiency, without comprising on aesthetic appeal, a statement said.
“The new BMW X3 is a versatile vehicle that embodies everything the BMW brand stands for – innovative technology, elegant and sporty design, exceptional driving dynamics and class leading fuel efficiency. Our X range of BMW models are popular across the region, so we expect the newly designed and engineered X3 to build on this X model success story when we launch it in the Middle East in March 2011,” said Phil Horton, managing director of BMW Group Middle East.
The new second generation model will be available with three new six-cylinder engine variants boasting twin-turbo technology and an eight-speed automatic transmission: the xDrive35i, xDrive 28i and xDrive 20i. The top-of-the-range xDrive 35i engine enables the X3 to sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.7 seconds; the average fuel consumption is just 8.8 litres per 100 km and CO emissions of 204g p/km making the X3 class-leading in terms of performance and fuel efficiency.
The global debut of the new BMW X3 will take place at the Paris Motor Show from October 2 to 17.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer