MINI to showcase Scooter E Concept
Dubai, September 27, 2010
The MINI Scooter E Concept, an innovative vehicle concept, will mark its world premiere at the 2010 Paris Motor Show which opens on October 2.
The concept opens up fascinating prospects for urban mobility that reduce CO2 emissions without any compromise on spontaneity and independence, the company said.
The MINI Scooter E Concept transfers the brand’s hallmark driving fun to the two-wheel segment for the first time. Equally unique features are the link between the scooter’s alternative drive concept and its unmistakable design, intelligent functionality and detailed personalisation options in true MINI style, it said.
The MINI Scooter E Concept is powered by an electric motor integrated in the rear wheel. The motor’s lithium-ion battery can be recharged at any conventional power socket using an on-board charging cable.
The concept study, which is being launched as a world premiere at the 2010 Paris Motor Show, meets the mobility aspirations of a target group that sets store by premium quality and advanced technology as well as placing sustainability on a par with individual style and an emotional driving experience, the company said.
“The MINI Scooter E Concept, making its world debut in two individual design versions, opens up a whole host of options for enjoying the driving fun associated with MINI while at the same time being immediately recognisable as a true ambassador of the brand. This synthesis has been achieved by the systematic transfer of fundamental MINI design principles to the new vehicle concept and through an authentic reinterpretation of unique details. The design language and wealth of individual details embodied in the two-wheel study are based on the current production models of the MINI brand,” it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show