Toyota models win Consumer Reports awards
Jeddah, April 19, 2011
Consumer Reports magazine has named Toyota’s RAV4 best value sports utility vehicle (SUV), while the Prius Hybrid won top green car for the eighth straight year and the Sienna was named best family hauler.
Toyota also leads all automakers with 20 recommended models out of 26 models tested, a statement said.
“We are especially pleased that the RAV4 is the winner of the best value among Small SUVs category since it is a top seller in Saudi Arabia,” said Adel Ezzat – director of Toyota SUV at Abdul Latif Jameel, the sole distributor of Toyota brands in Saudi Arabia.
“The popularity of the RAV4 2011 is due to the fact that it combines the benefits of a fuel efficient car with the comfort and spacious interior of an SUV, offering a perfect blend between power, fuel economy, comfort, quality and safety.”
The RAV4, an abbreviation of Recreational Active Vehicle 4 wheel drive, is a Toyota SUV with the space and size advantages of a SUV that performs with the efficiency and driving ability of a compact car.
“These latest accolades join the impressive list of awards and recognitions received in recent weeks, giving Toyota an exceptionally strong start to 2011,” continued Ezzat.
“The fact that Toyota is totally dominating the awards season shows the high esteem in which the brand is held by auto industry experts and analysts, which in turn reflects the confidence and trust of consumers throughout the world,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show