Mercedes-Benz launches new G-Class in Oman
Muscat, October 23, 2011
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), the authorised general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, has launched a special model of the G-Class, the G55 Arabia 100 Limited Edition, in the Sultanate.
Exclusively designed for the Middle East and introduced regionally earlier this year, the G55 is available in either matte cashmere white or matte nightblack.
Only 100 Limited Edition G55 Arabias will be produced, a statement said.
Based on Middle Eastern motoring heritage, Mercedes-Benz has outfitted the rugged, powerful and sporty exterior with a set of 19-inch AMG wheels, chrome bull bars and carbon fibre trim.
The interior has received a two-tone treatment with a contrasting black and porcelain leather, with carbon fibre finishes and champagne white Designo piano lacquer wood trim. Additional features that include a rear-seat entertainment system and a Limited Edition engraved plate underline the exclusiveness of this special model, and confirm its status as only one of a few.
“Since its inception, the G-Class has been subject to ongoing product enhancements to cater for our customers’ expectations of this specialised off-roader,” said Craig Hardie, CEO – Automotive, Zawawi Trading Company.
“This has culminated in the very special G55 Arabia 100 Limited Edition, created as a tribute to our most sophisticated and loyal customers.”
ZTC offers the G-Class in two engine variants: the long-wheel base G500 which is equipped with a powerful 5.5-litre V8 petrol engine developing 285 kW (388 hp) with a torque of 530 Nm; and the flagship G55 AMG which features a V8 supercharged engine developing 373 kW (507 hp) and an impressive peak torque of 700 Nm. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer