Mercedes-Benz Q3 sales up 42pc in Oman
Muscat, December 4, 2011
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), the authorized distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, has posted a rise of 42 per cent in sales of the German automaker’s vehicles during the third quarter of the year on the same period in 2010.
ZTC launched new models in 2011 such as the C-Class facelift, the sporty C-Coupe and the SLK Roadster, contributing to positive sales, a statement said.
Mercedes-Benz’ luxury SUV sales were up 22 per cent in the first 10 months of the year, while the fashionable new CLS was spectacularly launched aboard a super yacht off the coast of Oman in May.
In addition, the executive E-Class sedan and new CGI engine version of the world’s best selling luxury sedan, the S-Class, have also come to the fore, driven mainly by the strong product offering of the Business Edition and AMG Sports Package options available.
Craig Hardie, CEO – Automotive, Zawawi Trading Company, said: “We are delighted to see the tremendous popularity of Mercedes-Benz in Oman as we continue to improve our customer experience, and head into the final quarter of Mercedes-Benz’ 125th anniversary year.”
“The shared ambition of Zawawi and Mercedes-Benz to provide our clients the promise of the best or nothing has further catalysed our sales success, while supporting our long-term goal to achieve profitable growth and higher customer satisfaction.”
Across the region, Mercedes-Benz’ October sales were up 26 per cent year on year showing the best performance since 2008.
Mercedes-Benz is outperforming in Qatar and Kuwait markets, while Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Abu Dhabi retain their strong market position with consistent sales performance, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm