New Subaru XV launched in Bahrain
Manama, February 22, 2012
Motor City, the sole distributor of Subaru in Bahrain, has announced the arrival of Subaru’s all new XV, a sub-compact SUV with a stylish, highly distinctive exterior design.
Designed by Subaru for urban adventure, the new XV is perfectly suited to exciting, lively, yet stress free use in the city, said a statement.
Powered by 2.0-litre, 4 cylinder new Subaru Boxer engine, Subaru has balanced optimal performance factors for enjoyable driving. Together with the adoption of the new Lineartronic (CVT) and a newly developed “Auto Start Stop System”, the fuel efficiency has further improved, it said.
Also, it is fully equipped with Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC), which is an advanced stability control system that automatically senses steering and braking inputs to help keep the vehicle on the driver’s intended path.
Yaser A Qader Saeed, general manager, Motor City, said: “We are thrilled to have the new Subaru XV in Bahrain as it would perfectly satisfy the needs of the city persona of Bahrain, targeting the young and adventurous prospects with its trendy exterior design, stylish and roomy interior and hi-tech safety features to combine ‘Enjoyment & Peace of Mind’.
“Subaru continues to establish its niche position internationally by manufacturing unique cars with advanced features while the brand is supported locally by class leading customer support and aftersales service,” Yaser added.
The new design combines a stylish, flowing form with a high body and side cladding that enhances the sense of functionality of SUV. The XV is equipped with a hexagon grille and hawk eye headlights which emphasise the unique identity of Subaru vehicles. Also the innovatively designed aluminum wheels and cut-away cladding give the XV a sporty and attractive appearance.
The Subaru’s high-tech safety features are at the top of the industry as it is the only manufacturer with Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick awards for all its models, including the XV, the statement said. Its engineering innovations help to avoid accidents as well as shield passengers in the event of one.
These safety features include high grip levels, the overall active safety of the symmetrical all-wheel drive system, reliable brake systems, and ring shaped reinforcement frames and SRS front side, SRS curtain airbags and SRS driver’s knee airbag. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- GM recalls 1.5m vehicles over faulty ignition switches
- Mahmoudia Motors appoints new GM
- Hyundai seals $8m truck deal with RAK govt firm
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs