Bahrain F1 cancellation rumours denied
Manama, March 29, 2012
Motorsport's governing body Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) has denied having plans to cancel next month's Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
FIA communications director Norman Howell dismissed rumours that the organisation was planning to issue a statement effectively calling off the event.
"There is no truth whatsoever to the rumours indicating the FIA will be issuing a statement regarding F1 not going to Bahrain," he told F1Today.net yesterday.
The website on Tuesday quoted sources saying the statement was being prepared.
The Grand Prix is being held on April 20, 21 and 22 at the Bahrain International Circuit. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin marks centenary in style
- Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
- Najd Rent-a-Car buys 50 new luxury cars
- New Mercedes-Benz E-Class launched in Kuwait
- Dubai RTA services to go online in June
- Mercedes-Benz Kuwait launches service week
- New Jaguar F-TYPE makes UAE debut
- Yas Marina offers 5 AMG driving experiences
- Transguard driver wins top honour
- UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc