Daimler 'not a takeover candidate'
Frankfurt, April 27, 2012
German automotive group Daimler finance chief Bodo Uebber refuted speculation on Friday that the company could be acquired, amid news reports that Abu Dhabi and its Aabar investment fund is exiting its stake.
'We are not a takeover candidate, we're a healthy company with a balanced shareholder structure,' he told reporters during a conference call after Daimler published first-quarter financial results.
Daimler expects to achieve a free cash flow from its industrial operations this year that is more than enough to fund its April dividend payment, a spokesman for the company said.
He was clarifying a comment Uebber during conference call referring to 'operating cash flow', explaining that Uebber meant free cash flow from ongoing operations.
'This does not include any possible cash contributions for pension obligations or any investments stemming from mergers and acquisitions,' Uebber had said.-Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE