Daimler 'not a takeover candidate'
Frankfurt, April 27, 2012
German automotive group Daimler finance chief Bodo Uebber refuted speculation on Friday that the company could be acquired, amid news reports that Abu Dhabi and its Aabar investment fund is exiting its stake.
'We are not a takeover candidate, we're a healthy company with a balanced shareholder structure,' he told reporters during a conference call after Daimler published first-quarter financial results.
Daimler expects to achieve a free cash flow from its industrial operations this year that is more than enough to fund its April dividend payment, a spokesman for the company said.
He was clarifying a comment Uebber during conference call referring to 'operating cash flow', explaining that Uebber meant free cash flow from ongoing operations.
'This does not include any possible cash contributions for pension obligations or any investments stemming from mergers and acquisitions,' Uebber had said.-Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain