Land Rover celebrates 300,000th LR2
Amman , May 16, 2012
Jaguar Land Rover employees at Halewood Operations in Merseyside, UK, recently celebrated the production of the 300,000th Land Rover LR2.
Production of the LR2 at Halewood Operations commenced in October 2006 and earlier this week the plant's 300,000th LR2 was driven off the line.
The vehicle, in Barolo Black, was designed for a customer in Brazil – one of the brand's fastest growing markets. Land Rover is the leading SUV brand in the country with around a 40 per cent market share, said a statement.
"I would like to congratulate the Halewood team for reaching this superb milestone and also sustaining the highest quality standards on LR2 during the Range Rover Evoque launch period. Freelander was Land Rover's biggest selling model last year, retailing around 52,000 units globally," said Halewood Operations director Richard Else.
Amjad Saeed, general manager of Mahmoudia Motors, the official and exclusive dealer of Land Rover in Jordan, said: “This major milestone is a true reflection of the LR2’s popularity amongst customers. The car’s competitive features, exceptional performance and eco-friendly attributes have helped position it as one of Land Rover's best-selling models to date.”
In Jordan, the 2012 LR2 is available with a refined 3.2 liter petrol engine offering a power output of 233hp, with class-leading on and off-road performance, featuring Terrain Response, Hill Descent Control, a premium cabin, improved fuel economy and an affordable cost of ownership, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm