UAE auto group unveils $245m expansion plan
Dubai, July 2, 2012
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the sole distributor of Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen brands in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has announced a massive Dh900 million ($245 million) expansion programme aimed at enhancing its operations network.
Creating world-class facilities in Dubai, Fujairah and Sharjah, the investment covers ten individual projects, including the establishment of 'world's largest Audi new car sales terminal' on Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai which will be completed in September at a cost of Dh118.5 million.
Unveiling its ambitious expansion plan, Al Nabooda Automobiles CEO K Rajaram, 'This is a significant investment by the company in the future of the UAE. The new facilities we are creating to showcase the Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen brands provide the most powerful evidence of our commitment to our business partners, to our customers, and to the local communities where we operate.'
By the end of the year, Al Nabooda will start operations from a new Dh85.5 million combined multi-brand facility in Fujairah comprising individual Porsche, Audi and Volkswagen showrooms, and a combined after sales centre for the three brands, said Rajaram, revealing the full scope of the development programme at a press conference in Dubai on Monday..
Al Nabooda, he stated, has a history of major business successes that can be traced back to its foundation 36 years ago, and the investment programme underlines our intention to lead the market for many years ahead.
One of the world’s largest Porsche showrooms will open next year, also on Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, at a cost of Dh144 million. This highlights the commitment by Al Nabooda Automobiles to build on its success as the world’s leading Porsche dealership for the last eight years.
On the company's plans in Sharjah, Rajaram said by July next year work will be completed on a Dh120 million facility in the emirate featuring Porsche, Audi, and Volkswagen showrooms and a combined workshop.
The next phase will see completion of a combined Audi and Volkswagen workshop in Dubai by the end of next year at a cost of Dh133 million, he revealed.
Under the programme, a Dh212 million paint and body shop will also be built on a 130,000 sq m site at Jebel Ali. This is due for completion in 2014. Also at Jebel Ali, a Dh7 million new car storage facility will be completed in September this year, said Rajaram.
According to him, the investment also covers a complete refurbishment of the existing VW showroom in Dubai, relocation of the Audi pre-owned vehicles showroom in the emirate and new Porsche approved vehicles showroom.
This will result in each of the company’s sales operations in Dubai enjoying prime locations fronting onto Sheikh Zayed Road.
'With work to be completed in September, the impressive new Audi Terminal in Dubai literally takes car showroom design to a new level,' said the Al Nabooda chief.
Built on a prime 3,656 sq m location beside Sheikh Zayed Road, it boasts of a unique multi-floor showroom concept, with the world’s largest Audi new car display of 57 vehicles introduced on three separate levels linked by escalators and two car lifts, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm