Toyota swings to $4.5 billion Q2 profit
Tokyo, August 3, 2012
Toyota Motor Corp on Friday posted a quarterly operating profit of 353 billion yen ($4.51 billion), from a loss a year ago, after production and sales rebounded in North America and Japan to signal a full recovery from last year's natural disasters.
The profit was higher than the average estimate of 314.1 billion yen based on eight analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S and compared with a 108-billion yen loss a year earlier.
Net profit was 290 billion yen, compared with 1.2 billion yen in the same period a year earlier.
Toyota regained its crown as the world's best-selling car brand, beating General Motors and Volkswagen AG, in the first half of 2012. – Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race