Toyota swings to $4.5 billion Q2 profit
Tokyo, August 3, 2012
Toyota Motor Corp on Friday posted a quarterly operating profit of 353 billion yen ($4.51 billion), from a loss a year ago, after production and sales rebounded in North America and Japan to signal a full recovery from last year's natural disasters.
The profit was higher than the average estimate of 314.1 billion yen based on eight analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S and compared with a 108-billion yen loss a year earlier.
Net profit was 290 billion yen, compared with 1.2 billion yen in the same period a year earlier.
Toyota regained its crown as the world's best-selling car brand, beating General Motors and Volkswagen AG, in the first half of 2012. – Reuters
More Motoring Stories
- Aston Martin rolls out new Vanquish Volante
- Abu Dhabi group buys key stake in British F1 team
- Tyre safety awareness campaign held
- Nissan tops 2013 green brand list
- Qatar Holding sells 10pc stake in Porsche
- Harley-Davidson rolls out 'Breakout'
- Abu Dhabi revs up for major British GP sell
- McLaren, Xbox offer 'ride of a lifetime'
- Arabian Auto offers custom Nissan plan
- Mazda opens new showroom in Doha