All-new Hyundai Santa Fe set for Sept launch
Dubai, August 7, 2012
South Korea-based Hyundai Motor Company has announced that the all-new 2013 Santa Fe, the third generation of the automaker’s SUV model, will go on sale in the Middle East in mid-September.
The previous generations of Santa Fe have sold 87,273 units in the Middle East since the model made its debut in 2000. The Santa Fe has also achieved worldwide cumulative sales of 2.56 million units since its 2000 launch.
Tom Lee, head of Hyundai Middle East’s Regional Headquarters, said: “We think that the new generation Santa Fe will not only appeal to existing customers in the region with its fresh design and improved levels of standard technology, but will attract a new range of Middle East buyers looking for a stylish, premium and authentic SUV.”
The new Santa Fe has reclining angle comfort rear seats that are identical to seats found in luxury sedans, as well as full leather for both the front and rear seats, with a 12-way driver power seat. Other added touches include a cooling box that will refrigerate drinks in the hot weather and a rear window curtain that will provides more exclusivity and privacy for the rear passengers.
The new Santa Fe adopts its own design concept called “Storm Edge,” which captures the strong and dynamic images created by nature during the formation of a storm.
The design adopts the hexagonal grille that has become a Hyundai trademark in most of its new line-ups, a two-tone voluminous bottom car body and wider front and rear bumpers, creating a futuristic and urban-style SUV image.
The new SUV is featured in sporty five and seven seat forms, with storage throughout the car. In the boot there are two compartments, a luggage under-tray space and a luggage centre box, in addition to the main boot section, while folding rear seats create even more space.
There is also an option of active ECO, which will actively control air condition output and engine transmission activity for the best fuel efficiency. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer