Mercedes-Benz ME posts record sales
Dubai, August 22, 2012
Mercedes-Benz Middle East & Levant has posted record breaking 10 consecutive months of double digit regional growth, with year to date (YTD) sales up 16 per cent on 2011.
Regional distributors in Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar also registered their best ever July country sales.
The new records are testament to the success of Mercedes-Benz Middle East and Levant’s ‘Year of the SUV and AMG’ 2012 sales strategy, building on the success last year.
The German automaker saw SUV sales increase 25 per cent over July 2011, led by 50 per cent month on month (MOM) growth from the newly launched M-Class, while the G-Class drew 19 per cent more customers.
July sales for the precision Mercedes-AMG performance division turbo charged by 178 per cent over the same month last year. Affalterbach’s success saw an astronomical increase in demand for the bi-turbo AMG version of the fashionable CLS 63 AMG four door coupé.
The E 63 AMG executive saloon increased 20 per cent YTD, with five times more people buying the newly launched 0-100km/hr in 4.7sec ML 63 AMG, while the G 55 AMG grew sales 65 per cent MOM, together with its newly launched G 63 AMG and G 65 AMG variants.
Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant said: “The unprecedented success witnessed in 2012 so far both regionally and in our country markets is very encouraging as we aim for a best ever year.”
“With yet more new launches of exciting models planned, we are confident that we are on track towards reaching our goal of a regional record for the brand that promises ‘The best or nothing’.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers