New SLK 55 AMG launched in Oman
Muscat, September 30, 2012
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), the exclusive general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, has launched the new SLK 55 AMG, which offers a peak output of 422 hp, 540 Nm of torque with a 5.5-litre V8 engine.
Forming part of the third-generation of the SLK, the new top-of-the range AMG can accelerate from zero to 100 km/hr in 4.6 seconds with a top speed of 250 km/h, a statement said.
The design features cutting edge technologies - including the world premiere panoramic vario-roof with Magic Sky Control, which switches the glass roof to light or dark as required.
For the first time AMG is using a sports exhaust system featuring an exhaust flap on each side, providing an AMG V8 roar when driving in a sporty manner and a more discreet engine note in the partial load range, the statement said.
Power is transferred to the rear wheels by means of the AMG Speedshift Plus 7G-Tronic automatic transmission which features three transmission modes: "Controlled Efficiency" (C), Sport (S) and Manual (M).
Distinctive AMG light-alloy wheels, specific SLS supercar inspired AMG body styling with AMG spoiler lip and two chrome-plated twin tailpipes at the rear complement the classic roadster proportions, while adding a markedly athletic touch.
High levels of driving dynamics are ensured, thanks to the AMG sports suspension with Direct-Steer system, Torque Vectoring Brakes and three-stage ESP, as well as the AMG high-performance braking system. The Intelligent Light System (ILS) comes standard.
An optionally available AMG Handling package enhances the vehicle's sportiness even further via AMG Performance suspension, AMG rear axle differential lock, composite brake discs at the front and a three-spoke AMG Performance steering wheel finished in nappa leather with Alcantara inserts in the grip areas.
David Swain, general sales manager – Automotive, Zawawi Trading Company, said: “With exterior and interior design based on the ground-breaking SLS AMG supercar, and a barrage of the latest engine, handling, safety and assistance technologies, the SLK 55 AMG has made massive evolutionary leap from its predecessor.”
“The arrival of this new roadster is sure to impress our customers craving the performance, excitement and pure driving pleasure that the SLK 55 AMG can deliver,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer