McLaren names new regional director for MEA
Manama, June 26, 2013
McLaren Automotive has appointed Ian Gorsuch to the position of regional director, Middle East and Africa, to once again lead the company’s operations in the region.
Gorsuch will be based in Bahrain which is home of the McLaren Automotive Middle East and Africa regional office and the company’s principal shareholder Mumtalakat. The move is effective from July 1.
Outgoing regional director Mark Harrison moves to a new senior role back at the McLaren Technology Centre headquarters in Woking, UK.
Gorsuch was responsible for launching McLaren Automotive in the Middle East and Africa in 2011, and returns to the region from Singapore where he was responsible for McLaren Automotive Asia.
Previous to McLaren Automotive, Gorsuch worked for luxury automotive brand Bentley Motors Limited and with Champagne Krug in both commercial and customer service roles and has over 10 years experience in the Middle East.
“I’m thrilled to be moving back to a region I know well, and inherit the role in a very strong position. This is thanks to the work over the last year by Mark and our network of retail partners in eight locations, across six countries in the region,” Gorsuch said.
“I am looking forward to the meeting our 12C and 12C Spider customers and seeing our next generation ultimate supercar, the McLaren P1, on the region’s roads as we start delivering the first cars to customers at the end of the year,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain