Chevrolet Aug sales up 29pc in Mideast
Dubai, September 9, 2013
Chevrolet sold a record number of its Cruze compact cars in the Middle East during August, helping drive the brand’s overall sales 29 percent higher across the region.
Dealers in the region sold 6,434 vehicles, as passenger car sales surged 73 per cent to 3,690, marking August as the best month so far this year for passenger car sales.
Sales of the Cruze, Chevrolet’s best-selling car around the world, more than quadrupled year-on-year to 1,862.
Total Chevrolet vehicle sales climbed 53 per cent year-on-year in Saudi Arabia, the brand’s largest market in the Middle East, as passenger car sales in the Kingdom more than doubled.
Total Chevrolet vehicle sales climbed by 19 per cent in Kuwait, and 4 per cent in the UAE.
Passenger car sales in the UAE grew by 41 per cent compared to August 2012.
“August was an excellent sales month for Chevrolet across the Middle East with another impressive performance by our passenger cars, led by the Cruze,” said Ahmed Soudodi, Chevrolet brand manager for the Middle East.
“With the successful launch of the Impala earlier this year, and the launch the all-new 2014 Silverado in October, I am confident the brand’s sales will grow further.”
Elsewhere in the Middle East, Chevrolet vehicle sales grew by 26 percent in Jordan and 17 percent in Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service