Al-Futtaim Motors appoints new MD
Dubai, September 29, 2013
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor of the Toyota, Lexus and Hino franchises in the UAE, has appointed Jon Williams as managing director.
Williams joins from Toyota Great Britain, where he was president and managing director for both Toyota and Lexus since October 2010.
Williams, 46, brings with him a wealth of automotive industry experience including a variety of roles with Ford and Land Rover in the US and Great Britain. Williams is also a graduate of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology.
“I am delighted to have been given this chance by the Al-Futtaim group and I am looking forward to my move to the UAE. The nature of the Middle East automotive sector is very different to anywhere in the world and I am excited to start learning about the nuances of the local market,” said Williams.
As managing director at Al-Futtaim Motors, Williams will be running the largest business unit of the Al-Futtaim group, one of the UAE’s oldest and most progressive business conglomerates.
Al-Futtaim Motors has been representing Toyota Motor Corporation since 1955 and remains the market leader in the UAE automotive industry with over 40 per cent market share, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 'Fake' explosives cause roads chaos in Bahrain
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily