Jaguar Land Rover Mena sales up 46pc
Dubai, January 20, 2014
Jaguar Land Rover, a leading manufacturer of premium luxury vehicles, has registered a 46 per cent growth in its sales across the Mena region in 2013, proving the region’s enthusiasm for its vehicles remains stronger than ever.
The results exceed Jaguar Land Rover’s global performance, which saw sales up 19 per cent in 2013, driven by the introduction of a series of award-winning new vehicles including the Jaguar F-TYPE and All-New Range Rover Sport, said a senior official.
“2013 has been an outstanding year for us here in the Mena region, thanks in part to the successful launch of two stunning new products – the Jaguar F-Type and the all-new Range Rover Sport," remarked Justin Weaving, the regional sales director for Mena.
"These results are a clear demonstration of the overwhelming desire this region has for both our brands and our portfolio of luxury vehicles, and the success of our unwavering focus on design, technology and customer service" he stated.
According to him, the Land Rover Mena sales were up 49 per cent comared to the same period in 2012, led by the recently-introduced flagship Range Rover, which is now the best-selling vehicle for the brand.
"The Range Rover Sport also delivered a strong performance across the region, with sales up 25 per cent over the previous year, driven in part by the overwhelming popularity of theAll-New model which hit showrooms mid-way through 2013," said Weaving.
"The sales across the rest of the Land Rover portfolio told the same story, including the Range Rover Evoque, the Land Rover LR4 and the Land Rover LR2, up 32 per cent, 31 per cent and 33 per cent respectively, due to the successful introduction of the 14MY versions," he added.
Jaguar, he said, also continued to deliver a robust performance, with a sales increase of 30 per cent over 2012, including a 43 per cent increase in December 2013 alone.
The success was seen across the board, with sales of the flagship Jaguar XJ up by 38 per cent, followed by the popular XF saloon which delivered a healthy growth of 19 per cent.
Sales of the Jaguar F-TYPE, the brand’s firsttwo-seater sports car to be launched for more than 50 years, also delivered against the company’s high expectations and is on track to exceed its targeted share of the sports car segment, stated the top official.
“I am confident this performance will continue in 2014 as we see the full effect of our recently introduced 14MY line-up, hotly anticipated new products such as the Jaguar F-Type Coupe and strategic actions to further strengthen our regional dealer network,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service