Audi launches new A3 Sedan in Saudi
Jeddah, 18 days ago
Audi Saudi Arabia, represented by Samaco, launched the new Audi A3 Sedan range in the Kingdom, to enter the world’s largest market segment – the class of compact sedans.
The A3 Sedan is available as of now; the S3 Sedan will arrive later this year, a statement said.
The third model in the successful A3 model line impresses with ultra-lightweight excellence, strong and very efficient drivetrains, and a great many high-end infotainment and driver assistance systems.
Fathi Allam, GM of Audi Saudi Arabia said: "We believe this market has tremendous potential for further growth of the Audi brand. Reaffirming our commitment to the Saudi market, we are bringing the Audi A3 Sedan to Saudi Arabia. We expect the Saudi market to continue to grow and to contribute substantially to Audi's global sales.
“Opening the door to a brand new car segment in Saudi Arabia, this new model will instantly capture the hearts of Saudi consumers with an unprecedented design and a driving experience like no other.”
Audi’s first notchback model in the premium compact class, starts with a curb weight of just 1,250 kg for the four-door 30 TFSI with S tronic, thanks to Audi’s lightweight design mastery. Some 4,460 mm in length, the design of the Audi A3 Sedan combines classic notchback styling with the dynamics of a convertible. The 425-liter luggage compartment can be extended by folding down the rear seat backs.
Audi brings the A3 Sedan to the Middle East with a 30 TFSI and 40 TFSI engine featuring power outputs of 122 hp and 180 hp respectively. Both engines have been overhauled to combine robust power with astonishing fuel efficiency. Both engines are paired with a S tronic dual-clutch transmission. The 40 TFSI is optionally also available with quattro permanent all-wheel drive.
As a standard Audi fits the A3 Sedan with Audi drive select (optional in Attraction line) and a sports suspension (dynamic suspension in Attraction line). The S line sports suspension is available as an option. Wheels measure 17 inches in diameter (16 inches in Attraction line).
The Audi connect system ideally complements the MMI navigation plus. A3 Sedan passengers can use their mobile devices thanks to a WLAN hotspot integrated within Audi connect. The driver benefits from navigation via Google Earth images.
A broad assortment of assistance systems also bolsters the A3 Sedan. They range from adaptive cruise control to Audi side assist, Audi active lane assist and the park-assist system with surround-view camera to the safety system Audi pre sense. The driver information system with rest recommendation is standard. Individual options such as Audi adaptive light and a panoramic glass sunroof are taken directly from the luxury class.
Audi’s top-of-the-line version, the Audi S3 Sedan produces 280 hp and 380 Nm of torque. The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes just 5.0 seconds with the six-speed S tronic. Speed is electronically capped at 250 km/h. Its four-cylinder turbocharged TFSI engine averages just 6.9 liters of fuel per 100 km. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price