Oil price ‘in a happy situation’
Vienna, March 16, 2010
Current oil prices around $80 a barrel were "in a happy situation", Saudi Arabian Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi said.
Speaking ahead of OPEC's Wednesday meeting, al-Naimi said oil ministers in the group were happy with the oil market situation and that the oil price was supported by fundamentals.
Saudi Arabia was not concerned by the supply of Russian crude via a pipeline to the Pacific into the keenly-contested Asian market, al-Naimi said. – Reuters
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt govt pens energy debt payoff deal
- Qatar ready to invest in Turkey power project
- Asia gasoline margins set to plunge in 2014
- Egypt signs oil exploration deals with foreign firms
- Eaton appoints new Mideast GM
- Sustainable energy ‘should be top priority’
- Bapco achieves safety milestone
- Iran, Iraq put Opec on notice of big oil increases
- Iraq, Kurds close to deal on oil exports, revenue
- Kuwait refinery signs up Honeywell