Tanmiyat plans $200m solar power plant
Manama, August 22, 2010
Bahrain-based Tanmiyat Aloula Holdings is planning to set up a $200 million photovoltaic power plant that uses photovoltaic devices or 'solar cells' to convert sunlight into electricity.
It will include a research and training centre in co-operation with Economic Development Board and one of the leading companies in this field in addition to Bahrain University. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships