Tanmiyat plans $200m solar power plant
Manama, August 22, 2010
Bahrain-based Tanmiyat Aloula Holdings is planning to set up a $200 million photovoltaic power plant that uses photovoltaic devices or 'solar cells' to convert sunlight into electricity.
It will include a research and training centre in co-operation with Economic Development Board and one of the leading companies in this field in addition to Bahrain University. – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Sembcorp HV picks HSBC for Oman share sale
- Lukoil unit wins big gasoil supply deal in Egypt
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Bahrain’s new plan to tackle power, water
- Equate wins CSR award
- APR Energy wins biggest Libya power contract
- Aramco-Dow JV raises funding for $19bn project
- GCC to pump over $250bn into power projects
- Oil soars to new high on ME unrest
- Iran oilfields 'could spring back from Western sanctions'