Petrotechnics partners with Oman firm
Muscat, May 16, 2011
Petrotechnics, a global leader in transforming the efficiency and effectiveness of frontline operations in the oil and gas industry, has formed a partnership with Rukun Al Yaqeen (RAY) International Oil & Gas to provide the Sentinel PRO system in Oman.
RAY is an established leader in Oman in providing oil and gas well services including maintenance and Integrity, well cementing and stimulation, wireline, laboratory and environmental services.
Petrotechnics’ electronic integrated safe system of work, Sentinel PRO, recognises and overcomes the challenges in the unstructured and dynamic nature of managing operations, maintenance and associated activity in the oil and gas industry, said a statement.
The web-based system controls this through a unified business process, integrating permit to work, risk assessment and isolation management and delivers it to the frontline user in an intuitive graphical real-time software tool.
RAY was recognised in providing process safety management solutions in 2010 when it was awarded the inspection contract for all explosion proof (EXE) compliance of all electrical installations and equipment in Petroleum Development Oman’s (PDO) production facilities.
In addition to Sentinel PRO, RAY has introduced other process safety management solutions this year, such as best practice standards for hot work on live production facilities, thermo graphic gas imaging for immediate detection and quantification of gaseous loss of containment, as-built 3D solutions.
Iain Mackay, executive vice president of Petrotechnics, said: “Oman has huge potential and we expect to see strong growth in the Middle East this year. We are delighted to form a partnership with RAY International Oil & Gas.
“Sentinel PRO incorporates our global experience of business process and effective work activity management, resulting in tangible safety and efficiency improvements. We hope this partnership will provide existing and potential customers operating in the region with the high standards of customer service and support on a local level.”
Zakaria Abdul Aziz, managing director of RAY said: “We believe that oil and gas operators implementing Sentinel PRO in Oman can make a difference to their business in having better control of non-productive time, and more importantly, as a responsible operator making their job safer, reducing risks to their workers and assets, putting them in the category of world class operators.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Iranian oil import surges to one-year high
- Egypt will get oil aid from Arab states
- New technology for Bahrain's gas industry to save $300m
- Innovations key focus at Geoscience expo
- Iran seals gas export deal with Oman
- Total unit inks Elf Lubricants agreement
- Opec raises forecast for 2014 global oil demand
- Mitsui joins DME as trading member
- GE Power Conversion wins major SEC order
- Basra Light crude exports to rebound in April
- Aramco to produce unconventional gas for projects
- Alstom opens smart grid centre in Dubai
- Experts discuss key geosciences issues
- Egypt to permit factories to use coal for energy
- ME oil, gas transaction value up 15pc
- Victrex to showcase new product in Paris
- Aramco JV puts off giant refinery overhaul to 2015
- Libya threatens to bomb N Korean tanker
- Bahrain 'producing 850MW of surplus power'
- 2,000 experts for Bahrain geosciences summit
- Libyan rebels start oil exports, bypassing govt
- Dubai drilling company set for London IPO
- Opec output soars on higher Iraq exports
- S Korea to pay Iran $550m under nuke deal
- Qatar LPG exports will stay unchanged till 2018
- $14bn Bahrain energy sector focus for summit
- Iraq now world's fastest-growing oil exporter
- Old IT systems pose risk to oil firms
- Thomson Reuters adds commodity monitoring tool
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies