Foster Wheeler wins Egypt contract
Zug (Switzerland), October 4, 2011
Global engineering and construction contractor Foster Wheeler said its subsidiary has won a project management consultancy (PMC) services contract from Egypt-based Apache Khalda Corporation.
As per the contract, Foster Wheeler will oversee the front-end engineering design (Feed) for its Qasr Compression Project in the Western Desert, 525km west of capital Cairo.
The Qasr Compression Project will provide additional compression to the existing facilities at the Qasr gas condensate field in the Western Desert, said a company statement.
The Swiss firm however did not disclose the contract value for the project and will be included in the company's third-quarter 2011 bookings.
As per the deal, Foster Wheeler will provide expertise and personnel to assist Apache Khalda in the management and administration of the Feed phase of the project.
The Feed is expected to be completed by the end of the year, the company added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Fuel prices in Bahrain set to double by 2017
- Iraq's oil exports rise to 71.4m barrels in Nov
- MEE launches energy conservation contest
- TSL wins Jordan solar power contract
- SEC signs $366m loan for Jeddah power plant
- Kurdish oil exports 'only with Iraq approval'
- UAE launches energy conservation drive
- Rising Saudi fuel use 'bigger threat than shale'
- Dentons boosts Mideast energy practice
- India seeks Iran's financial guarantees for ships